Want in on a secret? Amazing gifts for Dad don’t require a trip to the mall or online order from afar.
This year, give Dad a chance to enjoy the simple pleasures that are made and sold in his own backyard.
For The Pit Boss Pops
If there’s a guy in your life who is happiest at the grill, set him up with a thoughtful selection of barbecue-friendly red wines to take his summer meals to the next level. Dad will love:
- Creekside Estate Winery’s Signature Reds Pack, which bundles six of the winery’s most popular red wines, including 2018 Red Tractor Cabernet Franc and 2017 Laura’s Red
- 13th Street Winery’s 2018 Burger Blend Gamay/Pinot Noir, which is included alongside all the fixings for one fantastic feast of burgers in the Winery’s Burger Kit Solution Pack
- Fielding Estate Winery’s Summer Grillin’ Pack includes three grill-friendly red wines, as well as 8 ciders, a Fielding insulated cup and a tasty bottle of barbecue sauce for just $110 with free shipping.
- Kacaba’s Wismer Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
- Megalomaniac’s Pompous Pinot Noir
- Fielding Estate Winery’s 2018 Rock Pile Red
For The Active Daddy
We’ve got our fingers crossed that a round of Father’s Day golf will be an option this year, but if not, Dad will love a gift card to hit the greens the minute he can.
- Twenty Valley Golf and Country Club has gift certificates available for purchase in their online store.
- Rockway Vineyards’ Wine Club – 9 Hole package includes quarterly deliveries of wine, a fantastic selection of winery perks and a two-for-one pass for green fees.
If Dad would rather spin the wheels of a bike than a golf cart, County Cycle has you covered for giving the gift of a bike tune-up, some fun new cycling accessories or a brand-new set of wheels.
For The Food-Loving Father
A delicious alfresco meal is another great way to show Dad some local love. Give everyone the gift of time off from cooking duties by ordering in some tasty takeout. Some delicious local options include:
- Inn on the Twenty’s Father’s Day takeout menu, with ready-to-eat dishes like ribs, fried chicken and sides as well as ready-to-grill options including ribs and chicken with homemade sauce and seasoning options
- Grand Oak Culinary Market’s Family-Style to-go meals and Date-Night dinners, which change every week but always offer up a fabulous feast
- Smoke and Moonshine’s Sam Big BBQ Platter, which includes a generous serving of BBQ pork, double-smoked brisket, bacon-cured ribs and delicious sides
- Just Cooking Rustic Italian’s family-style salads and plates of pasta
- Sassafras Coastal Kitchen’s Southern Seaboard, which includes the day’s featured shellfish, crawdads, crab cakes and a pound of steamed shrimp served with melted butter, seafood sauce and cornbread
For The Pint-Sipping Papa
Local beer and cider make a great gift, and we have so many fantastic options nearby.
- Lincoln County Cider turns out small-batch, low-impact ciders that celebrate the local terroir. From June 13 – 18, enjoy savings on Barrel Select, a special cider curated from three favourite 2019 barrels.
- In addition to their extensive collection of beloved ales and lagers, Bench Brewing Company has a creative line of sours. Cocktail lovers will be curious to try Bench’s Fortified Manhattan Whisky Sour Ale. Inspired by the classic Manhattan cocktail and aged in whisky barrels, this ale has notes of bright cherry, butterscotch and candied orange peel.
- Dad may know of Tawse’s wines, but if he’s yet to try their signature cider, he’s in for a treat. Their off-dry sparkling cider is crisp and refreshing and available in convenient cans.
- If Dad prefers cocktails to craft brews and ciders, he’ll adore a few things to stock his bar cart from Dillon’s Distillers. Dillon’s all-new Tonic Cocktail Syrup will take his summer gin and tonics to a whole new level!
For The Dapper Dad
Help Dad out of his lockdown style rut with a stylish new blazer, great pair of jeans or a crisp new dress shirt from Tintern Road & Jack Style Collective in Jordan Village.
These gift ideas are just a small selection of local Town of Lincoln options that are available. For more Father’s Day shopping and gifting inspiration, download our new WanderLost app. Be sure to share your local Father’s Day gift ideas with us on social media using #wanderlostlinc.
Protecting the health and safety of yourself and others is very important. As the COVID-19 situation in Ontario continues to change, a minute or two of extra planning is an important step in ensuring safe adventures. This activity is adapted with personal and public health COVID-19 measures in mind. All participants must adhere to the current restrictions and guidelines for the Niagara Region found in the Ontario Government’s COVID-19 response framework, including physical distancing, wearing a mask or face covering, frequent handwashing and staying home when ill. Enjoy this activity in a small group (with members of the same household) and avoid large crowds. Have fun and be safe.